Monday 5 August 2013

Monday Blues : After Gamer's Retreat

Good gracious. Four days of my gamer's retreat has gone away in a blink and it is now Monday again. Not saying that I hate working. Well, who loves them, honestly? However there are those people that just love to work. Me, I find myself having not enough time to enjoy my hobbies because I had to work. But hey, if I don't work, how am I supposed to support myself? Do tell!


But I digress. Anyhow, I spent the last four days catching up on my gaming obsession. Since both Faiz and I have completed our DW8 roster characters unlocking and there's not much left to play other than the Ambition Mode which I leave Faiz to play since I'm basically done and satisfied with the game so far. Though I have to curse KOEI for making Zhen Ji to appear as playable character for one stage only during the Wei's Story Mode and that stage is one of those few last stages. 


But I still love her though. She just gets much more awesome as the game progresses. I hope Noh from Samurai Warriors could get revamped be much more an awesome femme fatale like Zhen Ji is. I'm not saying that I don't love the whole claw/bombs weapon repertoire, it's awesome but it's not really that elegant as an assassin or even as a devious 'Demon Lord's Bride'. Maybe just get a whole new weapon for her. Hey, if they can give Oichi a new weapon in each installment, why can't they give Noh a new one, eh?


So, yeah. I spent the last four days (2 of the original weekend off, and 2 more days which I applied for on the 1st and 2nd of August) playing Dragon's Dogma : Dark Arisen. Luckily for me, I had my DD saved game and because of that I was entitled of the DLC expansion of some awesome costumes and cool equipment. Score! But it has been such a long time I last played my previous save, so I decided to play a whole new character. 


But it is actually not a bad thing. I've been reading about character building guides in some forums and in order to create a powerful or at least a character able to dish out decent damage and survive the chaos of post-game, I need to plan my character leveling well and changed into a lot of vocations to get their high-end augments plus the leveling stats bonus funneled into my character.


But this time around, I'm aiming for Magick Archer (MA) for my final vocation because I just love the idea and I've always dreamt about playing that kind of class in many games and so far, the only games that offer somewhat of resemblance to that job was Lineage with their Healer class that can heal/support/buff while using bows to fend off enemies too.

I was so caught up in playing the game for four days straight that time went off so quickly and it's already Monday. Well, I won't mind so much because after tomorrow, I'll be on a long holiday once more~ Can you believe it that this is the last week of Ramadhan? Eid ul-Fitr is just around the corner.