Thursday 15 August 2013

Catching Up After Raya


Hey y'all. It's been a week already since Eid Mubarak. And like what I promised, I'm back. Well, back to normal blogging mode of course. Meaning long, winding, nonsensical ranting that seemed useless awaits for your reading pleasure. Don't you just love it that I love to torture all of you with my not-so-great and informative blog entries? That is if I have loyal readers. Do I have any? Hello, is anybody out there? Sometimes I think that I've been blogging for a long time already and yet I have no loyal readers at all. Just strangers passing by, or someone who mistakenly clicked my blog url while trying to search for something much more useful.

It's sad sometimes, really. To think that I have no loyal readers. So far, I have some close friends of mine that read my blog each time I update it. But I don't know about all of you out there. Do you even exist? Do you even read my blog? Or you would just skimmed through it, without reading it? Do you even find reading my blog interesting at all? Aaaaahhh.... pathetic lil ol me.


Well, nothing good can come from beating myself about it. I'll just have to keep blogging. Besides, the purpose for me blogging was to express myself, not for getting followers or readers. Though sometimes both can co-exist simultaneously, so, if the shoe fits, I'll just lace that motherfucker up, if you get what I mean.

That's one hell of a side-track, I say. So, Eid Mubarak this time was... 


Meh. Yup. Exactly 'meh'. I don't know why but both Faiz and I felt that Eid this year was going to be bland and it turned out to be true. Well, at least for me. I don't know about Faiz because from what I can see from his Facebook page, he's quite enjoying it. Going here and there, eating durians and what-sorts. And he did seemed to be quite happy when he came back two days ago.


My Eid Mubarak this year, on the other hand is really just colourless. Nothing different than the past years Eid ul-Fitr except for the fact that this year, my mother's sick. So, no delicious Raya dishes made from my mom's gift-of-the-cook-hand at all. Her siblings, my aunts and uncles are the ones that sponsored dishes this year round. But truth be told, they're just as not as a good cook as my mom is. Not saying my mom is superior than all of y'all's mom out there but in our family, she's the best.


I ended up taking care of my mom more than I celebrate Eid this year. Helping out in the kitchen (I was the dishwasher, the drink maker, the food re-supplier, everything.) was what I was doing mostly on the first day of Raya. For the subsequent days, I just spent my days taking care of my mother until I finally went back to Sentul and drown myself in a three-day marathon of Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen.


I was so caught up on the game that I finally completed my first playthrough after all this time. Now, I can finally put away the game for a while and continue playing the Persona 3 Portable on Faiz's new PSP, or maybe continue playing my long-halted progress on Tales of Vesperia. Or continue my Batman the Animated Series that which I haven't completed yet? Or finally take some time off and finish reading the Whitney Gaskell book that I have been ignoring for the whole month already? So many things to do, so little time.