Thursday 6 June 2013

Malaysian Manners : Responsibility gone out the window

If you read last Friday's newspaper The Star dated 31st of May 2013, you'll find an article written by Christine Cheah about our young generations in Malaysia have no sense of responsibility. Here, I would like to, not object, but further catechize this incomprehensible disgusting display of human kinship.


I would like to cite Christine in her opening statement; TRICK QUESTION. It really is a trick question, but it's not a tricky act. Most young adults these days (I'm rounding them all up in one category as it is much more easier to speak of them this way; applies to young adults of 18 to 20++, those in secondary and also those mongrels in primary.) too wrapped up in their own self-preserved world, or their boyfriend's/girlfriend's or even amongst their own that everything else in the world doesn't matter if it doesn't concern them.


"So what? That's not my problem."


That is the common respond that you will get if you ever pester these youths with question as why they wouldn't even take another glance at the one needing help. Well, I don't care much if they want to be as vile or as selfish they want, because karma is a beautiful thing.  It is because you can be as rude, as mean, or even as narcissistic as you want but you will never outrun fate and karma. Karma comes back around, dear young bastards and bitches.

But what makes it a disturbing experience with these generations is the outright morally questionable act of taking out their cameras, tabs, pads, whatever sorts of gadgets and snap a picture of the hapless chap instead. Why I say it's a tricky act earlier is because how the young adults think is twisted. If they didn't take out their phone and snap a photo of the incident, they would seem uncool and out of date. Deny it as much as you want because even I can say myself that if I ever see someone in need of help, most of the time I would reach my camera first rather than rush to help instead. That's how sick we are.

Another example given in the article is another hackneyed scene on the highway everywhere. Don't tell me, congestion mostly caused by passerby who slows down their vehicle so that they can take a picture of that majestic view rather than actually stopping by to help those people in need. Well, not totally blaming it like that, but most of the cases, congestion that happened on the highway is caused by this incognizable behaviour. I don't know what is worse, ignoring the accident by just driving through like you don't care, driving slowly just so that you can get a clear view of the damage, or stopping by to take a picture.

Can you believe it?  What are Malaysians coming into? 

p/s: To avoid conflict or copyrights or disclaimer kind of bullshit, I hereby declare that I read your article and I find it very inspiring. And so I decided to write an entry with almost the same theme, but in a different point of view. I hope I am not offending anyone.